Title VI and NSIP Tribal Awards Changes
- FY2012 awards are issued as supplemental awards to the approved Title VI applications using the existing FY2011 grant numbers, i.e., starting with the number “11”.
- FY2012 funds can only be expended on activities starting April 1, 2012, or later.
- The project period for the Section 311 Nutrition Services Incentive Program (NSIP) awards is now changed to match the project period for the Title VI Parts A, B, and C awards, which is 4/1/2011 to 3/31/2014.
- The budget period is extended to 3/31/2013 to cover a 24-month period. All FY2011 and FY2012 grant amounts can be obligated within this period.
- A Program Performance Report (PPR) is due annually. The report is due within 90 days of the end of the budget period (June 30th).
- A Federal Financial Report (SF-425) is due annually. The annual report due dates are specified below:
- 7/30/2012 for the reporting period 4/1/11 to 3/31/12 (12 months);
- 7/30/2013 for the reporting period 4/1/11 to 3/31/13 (24 months cumulative);
- 6/30/2014 for the final report covering the 3-year period, 4/1/11 to 3/31/14 (36 months cumulative).
- If there is an unobligated balance at the end of 3/31/2012 (from your FY2011 award), you are required to identify the unobligated amount on line 10.h. of the SF-425 and provide or attach a brief explanation as denoted in “Box 12. Remarks” near the bottom of the SF-425.
- The SF-425s and PPRs submitted to AoA will be closely monitored to ensure accurate reporting of expenditures and program accomplishments.
- No carryover requests will be required within the 3-year project period.
|Last Modified: 3/27/2012 2:00:13 PM